Youth Gardening with The Hub
Each week we will be offering drop-in youth gardening activities (both inside and outside) every Wednesday from 4:00-5:00pm. As you shop in the pantry, your kids can grow with us! Contact Georgia for more information.
MHC partners with local youth serving agencies to offer garden and nutrition programming. The garden and the kitchen are excellent classrooms for getting youth excited about spending time outside, eating fresh, healthy foods, and learning about where food comes from.
Goals for the MHC Youth Garden Program
- Introduce food knowledge and experience
- Connect youth with the natural world through meaningful garden and food experiences
- Build positive and healthy relationships with whole, fresh foods
- Offer active programs linking tasty food with health and the outdoors
Youth Garden Program Partners:
- City of Bloomington Parks and Recreation
- Banneker After-School and Summer Program
- Girls, Inc.
- The Crestmont Boys and Girls Club
- Youth Services Bureau