Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard expands pantry hours and education programming at new facility!
We are raising $325,000 in our Nourishing Community, Growing Possibilities campaign to fund the renovations of the new facility and increased program expenses for 3 years. So far, we have raised over 89% of the goal.
We need your help to raise the last $35,000!
Please donate to the campaign via the Paypal button below or mailing a gift to 1100 W. Allen St. Ste A. Please use this pledge card or designate CAMPAIGN on your contribution.
What the move means for Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard
- Open hours will increase from 2 hours a day to 6 hours a day!
- Patrons will no longer have to wait outside in long lines.
- Quadrupled storage capacity will increase the availability of fresh produce, dairy, and meat.
- Located on the #4 bus route with less congested car parking and on-site bike parking means improved accessibility for patrons.
The new facility will bring the Garden and Nutrition Education Programs under the same roof as the food pantry.
- Classroom space means more gardening and nutrition workshops where patrons and community members learn important skills and knowledge to build self-reliance.
- Teaching kitchen means patrons can sample healthy recipes, learn new cooking and food preservation skills, and gain confidence in nourishing themselves and their families with fresh, whole food.
- Teaching garden means patrons can learn about organic gardening at home from container gardening to small plots. The garden will also provide a space for children to experience growing and eating food straight from a garden.
Questions? Contact Mary Beth Wendelin, Director of Development via email or by calling 812-355-6843. See more details in our Campaign Case Document. Visit our Facebook page to see pictures of the renovation.